Thursday 26 April 2012

Demoncon 3

I spent a very pleasant day in Maidstone last Sunday for Demoncon 3. It was a really nice convention, not too big, but very well attended with plenty to see and do. I got to meet David Frankum in the flesh for the first time, and we had a great time hawking our various wares, including Walking Wounded, Futurequake, Doctor WTF?! and Zarjaz.

(David Frankum (Left) and Chris Denton. Picture by John Burdis - also check out his 2000AD forum post where the photo came from).

I wasn't just there to sell though - I bought Futurequake 16 from David, having missed it the first time around. It includes a great story by him and Russell Norris called Generations, several other really fine self-contained strips and a back cover 1-pager coloured by none other than "Steven Denton". I also purchased the very last copy ever (for now) of the West graphic novel Justice by Andrew Cheverton and Tim Keable then swapped myself a copy of By The Book 1 by Peter Anckorn. Should keep me busy this weekend!

No comments: